With the summer season upon us, I decided to take a moment to plot out what I wanted to read. See, the rest of the year my time to get a lot of reading accomplished is limited, so I want to get several books read. What follows is my list of books I want to devour. They are in the order I plan to read them. If you plan to read any of them as well, let me know in the comments. Or better yet, connect with me on Goodreads.I post every book I finish on there, and sometimes I review them. It is a great reader community.
But I digress. Here is my list:
- The Adventures of Sherlock Holmes (complete and unabridged) by Sir Arthur Conan Doyle
- Quiet: The Power of Introverts in a World That Can’t Stop Talking by Susan Cain
- These Days by Jack Cheng
- The Maltese Falcon by Dashiell Hammett
- The Absolutely True Diary of a Part-Time Indian by Sherman Alexie
- Turning Pro: Tap Your Inner Power and Create Your Life’s Work by Steven Pressfield
- Daisy Buchanan’s Daughter by Tom Carson
- The Chocolate War by Robert Cormier
- Ethan Frome by Edith Wharton
- Paradise Rules by Jimmy Gleacher
- The Book of Fate by Brad Meltzer
- The Catcher in the Rye by J.D. Salinger
- Brave New World by Aldous Huxley
- Bad Things Happen by Harry Dolan
- We The Living by Ayn Rand
I realize this is a pretty sizable list, so I will be happy to at least make a dent in it. I openly admit I have a book problem. I buy them constantly. I hope to use this time to actually read a few of them that are piled up around my house. Once I do, I hope to pass them along to others who wish to read them.
Hopefully some of you decide to do some reading during the summer months as well. If so, please let me know. Let’s keep each other accountable.